SUBMISSIONS ARE CLOSED!
Thank you for your interest in being published by 404 Ink. Unfortunately, due to the volume of submissions we receive, we can no longer keep submissions open year-round. As such, we will open submissions for select windows across the year when we can read everything in a timely manner, and get back to writers with an outcome within a more reasonable timescale.
To keep updated on these submission windows you can
where we will give you advance notice of the dates we will be accepting submissions, a reminder of what we do and do not accept, and the guidelines. We have left a copy of these below to help you prepare if you would like to submit to 404, but please note that we cannot read submissions outside of these windows.
If you have already submitted and are waiting to hear back, we are currently working through an enormous backlog of submissions and hope to have replied to everyone by the end of May 2018.
IF YOU WANT TO BE PUBLISHED BY 404, WE...
- Are interested in: fiction, non-fiction, short story collections, graphic novels*. Open to most genres, but we...
- Are not currently seeking: poetry collections, novellas, chicklit, children’s books (middle-grade and below).
To submit your work for consideration, please send the following in word documents (format .doc or .docx - not via Google Drive, WeTransfer or similar):
- The first three chapters or 50 pages of your manuscript. (*GNs can be submitted as a PDF).
- A 250 word (max) synopsis.
- A one page chapter-by-chapter run through of your book.
- A one page cover letter detailing your work, writing experience, the book’s potential readership and gaps you believe it may fill.
Send your manuscripts to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will get back to everyone as and when we can.
- We do not accept postal submissions.
- We only read submissions that follow our guidelines.
- We only read submissions within our submission windows.