LITERARY MAGAZINE /
THE TASTE OF INK IS GETTING OLD
♪ It's four o'clock in the f*!%ing morning ♬ Issue 4 is upon us and we're turning back to our name for inspiration: INK.
Writing, tattoos, your favourite emo song? You tell us. We accept, in English, Scots and Scottish Gaelic:
- Fiction and non-fiction (max 1 piece, 2500 words)
- Poetry (max 3 poems)
- Comics and illustration (max 4 pages, black & white, page size is 244mm x 170mm)
Your work must not be previously published in a book, collection or magazine, or be under consideration anywhere else. Files should be submitted as Word documents (comics and illustration can be PDF).
Deadline: Monday 26th February 2018.
Email your submission with a 50 word biography, plus your Twitter and website (if applicable) to email@example.com. We go through all submissions once the deadline has passed.
/ BOOKS AND MANUSCRIPTS
BE PUBLISHED BY 404. WE...
- Are interested in: fiction, non-fiction, short story collections, graphic novels*. Open to most genres, but we...
- Are not currently seeking: poetry collections, chicklit, children’s books (middle-grade and below).
To submit your work for consideration, please send the following in word documents (format .doc or .docx):
- The first three chapters or 50 pages of your manuscript. (*GNs can be submitted as a PDF).
- A 250 word (max) synopsis.
- A one page chapter-by-chapter run through of your book.
- A one page cover letter detailing your work, writing experience, the book’s potential readership and gaps you believe it may fill.
Send your manuscripts to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will get back to everyone as and when we can.
- We do not accept postal submissions.
- We only read submissions that follow our guidelines.